When it comes to The Keeper of Happy Endings book club questions, there is a lot to choose from.
There is so much to discuss in this book. From the multiple timelines, to the historic events, to the magic of a Roussel gown…
When you are ready to dive in, here is a list of questions to discuss with your reading group to get you started!
The Keeper of Happy Endings Book Club Questions
1. The Keeper of Happy Endings takes place in multiple time periods. Do you feel this device helped or hurt in telling the story? Was one time period more “real” to you than the others?
2. They talk about the magic of the dresses to guarantee happy endings. Do you think they are talking about real magic?
If you had a chance to guarantee your own happy ending the same way, would you take it? Why?
3. Barbara Davis describes different kinds of grief very vividly in the story. How did her descriptions make you feel for the characters? Can you relate to them?
4. Which of the women in the story was your favorite? Least favorite? Why? 5. Did any of the heroines make choices you didn’t agree with? What would you have done differently?
6. With all of its talk of magical dresses against the backdrop of World War II Paris, did the book feel original to you? Which parts did or didn’t?
7. Do you feel like the magic was enough to explain the coincidence of Soline and Rory finding each other?
8. Which parts of the story did you prefer, the historical parts with Soline or the modern parts with Rory?
9. When you find out how the women are connected, what was your initial reaction? Did you see it coming?
10. Were there any quotes or passages that really stood out to you that you read more than once or highlighted? What struck you about them?
11. The book has its own very happy ending. Did that feel right to you? Not realistic? Perfect? How did you feel about it?
12. Was there anything you found frustrating about the book? What was it and what bothered you about it?
13. If you could change one thing about the story (if anything), what would it be?
Still trying to decide if this is the best next book to read in your book club? Check out my full review of The Keeper of Happy Endings to help make up your mind.
Looking to make reading a more regular thing? Why not start a book club! Check out my article on How to Form a Book Club for tips on creating the ideal club for your lifestyle.
Did you read The Keeper of Happy Endings for your book club? What did you think? Leave me a comment below about how the questions and book worked for you!